The last few of my posts have been rather heavy subject matter, so today I decided to lighten up (no pun intended! Ok, maybe it was intended) with lucite. Lucite has become more and more prominent in the interior design realm over the past few years. I won't lie to you, at first, I hated it. I dismissed it as a trend that would fade before my Essie nail polish. However, this transparent acrylic resin is still persisting, showing up more and more in contemporary spaces I love. Alas, I am a fan!
After studying the best way to incorporate lucite into my own home, a very non-contemporary space, I discovered that lucite provides a light, airy element to a room. If used correctly, lucite won't clash with a more traditional space- it will add to it. Adding a lucite chair, coffee table, or shelf will prevent a room from feeling too heavy or weighed down.
(2) Lucite dining room chairs via Small Shop Studio
(3) Lucite chair via Bijou and Boheme
(4) Lucite desk via Kimberly Lewis
(5) How fab are the pink lucite stools?! I'm in love. Via Damask and Design
(6) Via Design Sponge
(7) Via Decor8
(8) A lucite shoe and accessory organizer! So tres chic! Via Rooms Interior Design
What are your thoughts on lucite? Is it too contemporary for you or just your style?